whitestone


Jun 05 2011

St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, Queens

St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, Queens. Image 1

St. Nicholas Orthodox Church was founded in 1916 as a parish of the North American Missionary Archdiocese of the Russian Orthodox Chuch. After the Russian revolution of 1917, the parish became part of the Metropolia, renamed the Orthodox Church in America (OCA) in 1970 after receving autocephaly (independence) from the Moscow Patriarchate.