west new brighton


Jun 05 2011

Calvary Presbyterian Church in West New Brighton, Staten Island

Calvary Presbyterian Church, Staten Island. Image 1

Calvary Presbyterian Church was organized on November 17, 1872, by thirty-five persons, most of whom had previously been members of the Dutch Reformed Church of Port Richmond. The society occupied a chapel that had been erected at the corner of Castleton and Bement Avenues during the summer of 1872, for use by a Sunday-school that had been organized in May of that year. In September 1874, the plain wooden chapel was doubled in size so that it could accomodate about 500 persons. On the evening of April 17, 1892, arsonists set fires in the area, and the chapel burned to the ground.


Jul 29 2011

Sacred Heart Church in West New Brighton, Staten Island

Contact address

981 Castleton Avenue,
Staten Island, NY 10310-1881