van cortlandt


Dec 23 2012

Van Cortlandt Jewish Center, The Bronx

The Van Cortlandt Jewish Center (VCJC) is a modern Orthodox synagogue affiliated with the Orthodox Union. Founded in 1927, the Center initially was housed in a street level room of an apartment building. In 1947, the Center moved into a converted mansion at 3997 Gouverneur Avenue, where it remained for 18 years. In 1965, VCJC moved into its own newly constructed building at 3880 Sedgwick Avenue, its current home.