roman catholic


Aug 13 2011

St. Margaret Mary's Church, The Bronx

The Church of St. Margaret Mary is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 1914 Morris Avenue in The Bronx, New York City. It was established in 1923.


Jul 20 2011

St. Mark's Church, Brooklyn

Contact info
2609 East 19th Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11235-3612


Apr 21 2012

St. Martin of Tours Church, The Bronx

St. Martin of Tours Church, The Bronx. Photo 1

The Church of St. Martin of Tours is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 664 Grote Street, Bronx, New York City. The parish was established in 1897 at Belmont Avenue and 183rd Street. Before the present Modernist brick and concrete church was built, a large stone-towered Protestant-looking church was in use

Jul 03 2011

St. Monica's Church, Manhattan

St. Monica's Church, Manhattan. Image 1

Church of St. Monica is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 413 East 79th Street, Manhattan, New York City. The parish was established in 1879. The fourth Catholic parish on the Upper East Side, St. Monica's was founded by Fr. John Treanor, pastor of the Church of St. Lawrence O'Toole (now the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola).


Apr 27 2013

St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Jersey City, NJ

Contact info:
122 Ferry St,
Jersey City, NJ 07307

May 22 2011

St. Nicholas of Tolentine's Church, The Bronx

St. Nicholas of Tolentine's Church, The Bronx. Image 1

The Church of St. Nicholas of Tolentine is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at Fordham Road at University Avenue, Bronx, New York City. The substantial stone twin-towered is deemed "The Cathedral of the Bronx."

The parish was founded by Augustinian Friars on 22 April 1906 with the first mass occurring in a small garage on North Street near Jerome Avenue. Immediately from 1906 on, construction of a permanent church with parochial buildings on Andrew Avenue and Fordham Road commenced.


Aug 21 2011

St. Patrick's Church Complex in Jersey City, NJ

St. Patrick's Church Complex in Jersey City, NJ. Image 1

The stately Gothic Victorian-style structure at the corner of Bramhall and Grand Street is St. Patrick's R.C. Church. It is the largest church in Jersey City and the third largest in the Archdiocese of Newark in New Jersey. The church is not only known for its role in the community but also for the theater within its elementary school that was placed on the state and national registers of historic places in 1980.


May 28 2011

St. Patrick's Church in Richmondtown, Staten Island

The Church of St. Patrick is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located in Staten Island, New York City. The parish was established in 1862. The early Romanesque Revival-style building, built c.1860, was declared a New York City Landmark on February 20, 1968.


Mar 18 2012

St. Patrick's Church of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn

St Patrick's Church, Brooklyn

St. Patrick's church is a christian Roman Catholic church standing within one of the busiest avenues in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. St. Patrick Mission was founded in 1849, it was also the Parish of the Catholic soldiers assigned to the Fort Hamilton. The first church building was dedicated on December 12th, 1852. The men of the Fort - especially the Irish among them - voluntarily contributed one dollar a week toward their new church. That was a huge sum in those days. This money was set aside and helped in the construction of a church building.


May 09 2011

St. Patrick's Old Cathedral, Manhattan

St. Patrick's Old Cathedral, Manhattan. Image 1

The corner stone of Old St. Patrick's - the city's first Cathedral Church - was laid on June 8,1809. It was dedicated on May 14,1815, and on that day the New York Gazette described the cathedral as "a grand and beautiful church, which may justly be considered one of the greatest ornaments of our city". Designed by architect Joseph Francois Mangin, St. Patrick's has great dignity and character in its restrained simplicity. Her sidewalls rise to a height of 75 feet, and the inner vault is 85 feet high. The church is over 120 feet long and 80 feet wide. Near the west wall stands the huge marble altar surrounded by an ornately carved, gold leaf reredos.