Dec 14 2014

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Queens

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Queens. Photo 1
The Parish of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is one of the oldest parishes in Long Island, having been organized in 1841. The Parish grew steadily and by 1869 the original church building was inadequate. Funds were raised to purchase the current site at the corner of Newtown Avenue and Crescent Street and construction began on a new and larger church. The cornerstone was laid September 9, 1871, and the completed church was dedicated by Bishop Loughlin on August 7, 1873.

Apr 04 2011


Queens is the largest in area, the second largest in population, and the easternmost of the five boroughs of New York City. The borough is coextensive with Queens County, an administrative division of New York state, in the United States.

Located on the western portion of Long Island, Queens is home to two of the three major New York City area airports, JFK International Airport and LaGuardia Airport. It is also the location of the New York Mets baseball team, the US Open tennis tournament, Flushing Meadows Park, Kaufman Astoria Studios, Silvercup Studios, and Aqueduct Racetrack.

Apr 25 2011

Queens Jewish Center

Queens Jewish Center. Image 1

The Queens Jewish Center, also known as Queens Jewish Center and Talmud Torah or QJC, is a synagogue in Forest Hills, New York known for its significant contributions to the Jewish community. The synagogue was established by a dozen families in 1943 to serve the growing central Queens Jewish community. The Queens Jewish Center building won honorable mention in the 1955 Queens Chamber of Commerce, Annual Building Awards. The architect was David Moed of Manhattan and the Builder was the LeFrak Organization.

Nov 03 2014

Saint Luke's Episcopal Church, Queens

Contact info:
85 Greenway South
Forest Hills, Queens, NY 11375

Jul 19 2011

St. Bartholomew's Church, Queens

St. Bartholomew's Roman Catholic Church was established in 1906. The first services were held in the Union League Clubhouse, and later at the Baptist Church on Whitney Avenue. Through the efforts of the Rev. Jeremiah J. Heafy, rector of the parish since its organization, a church was built in 1911. Located on Fourth Street near Whitney Avenue, the first church had an exterior of light pressed brick with terra cotta and sandstone trimmings.

Jun 18 2011

St. Catherine & St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Queens

St. Catherine & St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Queens. Image 1

St. Catherine & St. George Church is a greek orthodox church, located at 22-30 33rd Street in Astoria, Queens. This largest greek orthodox church in the area is the completely modern building with a huge domed roof.

May 29 2011

St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Queens

St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Queens. Image 1

St. Demetrios Cathedral is located on the intersection of 31st street and 30th Drive in Astoria Queens. Erected in 1927, the church serves the Hellenic-American population of the neighborhood. The church is actually one of Astoria's two largest Greek Orthodox churches, the other being St. Irene of Chrysovalantou (located on 23rd Avenue).

May 08 2011

St. George's Church in Flushing, Queens

St. George's Church in Flushing, Queens. Image 1

St. George's Church is an intercultural, multilingual Episcopal congregation in Flushing, New York with members from over twenty different nations of origin. A landmark church, it has served an ever changing congregation for over 300 years.

Oct 09 2011

St. James Episcopal Church in Elmhurst, Queens

St. James Episcopal Church in Elmhurst, Queens. Photo 1

St. James Church is an anglican episcopal church located at Broadway street in Elmhurst, Queens. It was founded in 1704 under a royal charter granted to the Church of England and is one of the oldest churches in New York City. The current campus encompasses two sides of Broadway and includes a modern church, a parish hall, a cloister, and a cemetery.

Aug 18 2013

St. John's Episcopal Church, Queens

St. John's Episcopal Church is a christian church located at the cross of Sanford avenue and 149 place in Murray Hill, Queens. The parish was established in the 1890s. The present neo-gothic church building was built in 1920 as a replacement of an earlier church that had burned down.