The First Reformed Dutch Church of Bergen Neck, now known as The First Federated Church of Bayonne is located in Bayonne, New Jersey. Its history goes back to 1638, when the ship, "Arms of Norway", landed on the shores of Manhattan. In 1654, nine Dutch passangers from this ship moved to what was then called New Amsterdam. They were the first white settlers and consequently, the founders of Bayonne, New Jersey. The congregation started in the homes of these people. From there a small log church was built in the area of what is now Jersey City.