orthodox


Jun 04 2011

Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church, Brooklyn

Contact info:
402 Glenmore Ave,
Brooklyn, New York 11207


Oct 30 2011

Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church, Manhattan

Church of San Salvadore

The Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church is a former San Salvatore Episcopal church building located at Broome Street in Manhattan. The original church was dedicated in January 1903. San Salvatore was central to the lives of residents of Little Italy district. With time the Little Italy neighborhood changed. Chinatown spread into the streets once populated almost exclusively by Italian and Jewish families. San Salvatore eventually became home to Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church.


Sep 15 2012

Monastery of St. Irene of Chrysovalantou, Queens

Monastery of St. Irene of Chrysovalantou is a greek orthodox christian church and monastery in Astoria, Queens. The present church building was built in 1972. Since 1990, the church has been the site of a proclaimed miracle - a weeping icon of St. Irene. Also the purported hand of St. Irene Chrysovalantou is currently preserved here.

Apr 21 2012

Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection, Manhattan

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection

The Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection and Chapel of St Innocent of Irkutsk, East Village, Manhattan, New York, is one of the main places of Orthodox worship in New York City. The parish originated in 1870 as the Russo-Greek Chapel of Holy Trinity to serve the needs of the Russian and Greek Embassies. In 1895 it was re-organized as the Church of St Nicholas. New church building was built in 1904.

Feb 15 2012

Orthodox Church of New Martyrs, Brooklyn

Church of New Martyrs is a Russian Orthodox Christian community, located at 18th Avenue in Brooklyn.

Apr 21 2011

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration of Our Lord, Brooklyn

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration, Brooklyn. Image 1

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration of Our Lord is a historic Russian Orthodox cathedral at 228 N. 12th Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, New York. It was built between 1916 and 1921 to the designs by Louis Allmendiger. The plan is based on a Greek cross and is designed in the Russian version of the Byzantine style.


Jul 03 2011

Russian Orthodox Church of Three Saints in Garfield, NJ

Russian Orthodox Church of Three Saints in Garfield, NJ. Image 1

The church was founded in 1898 by Russian immigrants, mostly from the region of the Carpathian Mountains in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire. The cornerstone of the Three Saints Church was laid on July 3, 1901. The original Three Saints Church edifice was a wooden building adorned with traditional mural icons and a bell imported from Russia.


May 02 2011

Russian Orthodox Novo-Diveevo Convent in Nanuet, Clarkstown, NY

Russian Orthodox Novo-Diveevo Convent in Nanuet, Clarkstown, NY. Image 1

Stavropegial Convent of the Dormition; "Novo-Diveevo" is located approximately 24 miles north of New York City. The founder of the convent was Archbishop Andrei of Rockland, then Protopresbyter Adrian Rimarenko (starets Nektarii of Optina died under his epitrachelion). In 1949, with the arrival in America of a multitude of refugees, ROCOR’s First Hierarch Metropolitan Anastasy entrusted Fr. Adrian to build a spiritual center. A former Roman Catholic monastery was purchased and a Russian convent was founded.


Sep 03 2011

Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Jersey City, NJ

Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Jersey City, NJ. Image 1

The Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Parish, Jersey City, New Jersey, was founded on March 25, 1907, by the immigrants from the Austro-Hungarian and Russian Empires, as a community of the North American Ecclesiastical Mission. The church building was built in 1860 as a Dutch Reform Church and acquired by the Orthodox Church in 1907. The Church is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places and is located in the Paulus Hook Historic District of Jersey City.


Jun 20 2011

Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, Manhattan

Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, Manhattan. Image 1

Gracing Manhattan's historic Chelsea District, the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava is a splendid example of Gothic Revival architecture. The former Trinity Chapel and the then uptown branch of Trinity Church on Wall Street was designed in 1851 by the celebrated architect Richard M. Upjohn.