mott haven


Jan 02 2012

St. Ann's Episcopal Church, The Bronx

St. Anne's Episcopal Church

St. Ann's Church is a historic Episcopal church in the South Bronx, New York City. It was built in 1840 and donated by Gouverneur Morris Jr. (1813-1888) as a family memorial. It is a fieldstone building in the Gothic Revival style with a vernacular Greek Revival style tower. The complex includes the stone parish house added in 1916, late-19th century Sunday School and gymnasium building, and a graveyard that includes the Morris family crypt. Among those whose remains are in the graveyard or crypt are Gouverneur Morris (1752–1816), Lewis Morris (1671–1746), and Lewis Morris (1726–1798).

May 25 2011

St. Jerome's Roman Catholic Church, The Bronx

St. Jerome's Roman Catholic Church, The Bronx. Image 1

The Church of St. Jerome is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 230 Alexander Avenue, Mott Haven, Bronx, New York City. The parish was established in 1869 by the Rev. John J. Hughes. The parish of St. Luke's Church (Bronx, New York) was separated from St. Jerome's in 1897.