manhattan


Jul 12 2011

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Inwood, Manhattan

Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Inwood, Manhattan. Image 1

Holy Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church of Harlem was founded in 1868, shortly after the close of the American Civil War. The first church, located on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 125th Street, was designed by John W. Welch and built from 1869-70. A great fire in 1888 destroyed the building, and the land was sold to Temple Israel.

A new church, on the southwest corner of Lenox Avenue and 122nd Street, was designed by William A. Potter and completed in 1888.


Apr 17 2011

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Manhattan

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Manhattan. Image 1

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is a Lutheran church located at 3 West 65th Street at the corner of Central Park West in the Upper West Side neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.


Oct 30 2011

Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church, Manhattan

Church of San Salvadore

The Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church is a former San Salvatore Episcopal church building located at Broome Street in Manhattan. The original church was dedicated in January 1903. San Salvatore was central to the lives of residents of Little Italy district. With time the Little Italy neighborhood changed. Chinatown spread into the streets once populated almost exclusively by Italian and Jewish families. San Salvatore eventually became home to Holy Trinity Ukrainian Church.


May 25 2011

Holyrood Episcopal Church, Manhattan

Contact info:
715 West 179th Street Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10033

Apr 10 2011

Islamic Cultural Center of New York

Islamic Cultural Center of New York, Manhattan. Image 1

The Islamic Center of New York is a religious and cultural organization established in the early 1960’s and planned as an Islamic institution comprising a Mosque, a school, a library, a lecture hall, a museum, and residence for its Imams.


Nov 22 2011

Judson Memorial Church, Manhattan

Judson Memorial Church, Manhattan. Photo 1
The Judson Memorial Church is located on Washington Square South between Thompson and Sullivan Streets, opposite Washington Square Park, in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of the Manhattan borough of New York City. It is affiliated with the American Baptist Churches USA and with the United Church of Christ.
The church was founded by Edward Judson who had been preaching at the Bearean Baptist Church on Downing Street, also in the village, but his efforts at expanding the congregation were so successful that a new sanctuary was required.

May 08 2012

Madison Avenue Baptist Church, Manhattan

Madison Avenue Baptist Church, Manhattan. Photo 1

The Madison Avenue Baptist Church was first chartered in 1848 as Rose Hill Baptist Sunday School and Church, on East 30th Street between Third and Lexington Avenues in Manhattan, New York City. Rose Hill was a house church with twelve members. In 1849, Rose Hill Baptist became the Lexington Avenue Baptist Church with twenty-eight members. Later moved at East 31st Street and Madison Avenue, new structure was built in 1858.


Apr 17 2011

Mahayana Buddhist Temple in Manhattan

Mahayana Buddhist Temple in Manhattan. Image 1

Having spent several decades in building and completing the first Chinese Buddhist retreat in New York, Mrs. Ying then stopped and looked around to see what else is needed in Greater New York. She discovered that the Buddhist temples in the city are, even after these many years, still essentially all storefront temples.


Mar 26 2011

Manhattan

Manhattan is the oldest and the most densely-populated of the five boroughs of New York City. Located primarily on Manhattan Island at the mouth of the Hudson River, the boundaries of the borough are identical to those of New York County, an original county of the state of New York.


May 28 2011

Marble Collegiate Church, Manhattan

Marble Collegiate Church, Manhattan. Image 1

The Collegiate Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the City of New York was organized in 1628 under Peter Minuit, Director General of the New Netherland, and has the distinction of being the oldest Protestant denomination with a continuous ministry, and was also the first corporation in the United States. The first church, officially named St. Nicholas but known as the Stone Church, was completed in 1642 on a dusty lane (now Pearl Street) in The Fort of New Amsterdam.