May 26 2011

St. James Episcopal Church, The Bronx

St. James Episcopal Church, The Bronx. Image 1

St. James' Episcopal Church and Parish House is a historic Episcopal church at 2500 Jerome Avenue and 190th Street, in the Fordham section of The Bronx, New York City, New York. It was founded July 5, 1853, becoming the first Episcopal parish in Fordham. The parish at first met at the Manor Reformed Church on Kingsbridge Road, then on June 11, 1854 acquired an old schoolhouse for use. On October 1, 1854, the Rev. Joshua Weaver became its first rector.