episcopal


Jun 05 2011

Trinity Chapel, Queens

Trinity Chapel, Queens. Image 1

Trinity Chapel, also known as St. John's Church and Beth-El Temple Church of God in Christ, is a historic Episcopal church at 1874 Mott Avenue in Far Rockaway, Queens, New York. It was built in 1858 to the design of noted architect Richard Upjohn (1802-1878). It is a frame Gothic Revival style chapel on a brick foundation and three bays wide by five bays long. It has a steeply pitched roof and sided in wood shingles. Atop the roof is a wooden belfry with steeply pitched pyramidal roof. It was founded as Trinity Chapel as a mission of Trinity Church in Hewlett, New York.


Apr 17 2011

Trinity Church, Manhattan

Trinity Church in Manhattan. Image 1

Trinity Church (also known as Trinity Wall Street) at 79 Broadway, Lower Manhattan, is a historic, active parish church in the Diocese of New York. Trinity Church is at the intersection of Wall Street and Broadway, New York.

In 1696, Governor Benjamin Fletcher approved the purchase of land in Lower Manhattan by the Church of England community for construction of a new church. The parish received its charter from King William III of England on May 6, 1697. Its land grant specified an annual rent of sixty bushels of wheat.


Jan 27 2012

Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church in New Rochelle, NY

Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church

Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church in New Rochelle in Westchester County, New York is located at the northwest corner of Huguenot Street and Division Street. This church represents the body of the majority group of New Rochelle's founding Huguenot French Calvinistic congregation that conformed to the liturgy of the established Church of England in June 1709. King George III gave Trinity its first charter in 1762. After the American Revolutionary War, Trinity became a parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church of America.