christianity


Aug 18 2013

St. John's Episcopal Church, Queens

St. John's Episcopal Church is a christian church located at the cross of Sanford avenue and 149 place in Murray Hill, Queens. The parish was established in the 1890s. The present neo-gothic church building was built in 1920 as a replacement of an earlier church that had burned down.

Oct 24 2011

St. John's in the Wilderness Church in Stony Point, NY

St John's in the Wilderness Church, Harriman State Park, Stony Point, New York

St. John in the Wilderness Church is the St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in Harriman State Park, Stony Point, New York. The church was built by Margaret Zimmerman in memory of her dead husband John. In 1879 Mrs. Zimmerman purchased the land for the church, on June 23 1880 the cornerstone was laid. The architecture was typical of Northern England, the native “hornblend” granite was used for the building construction.


Aug 21 2011

St. John's Lutheran Church in Hoboken, NJ

St. John's Lutheran Church in Hoboken, NJ. Image 1

St. John's congregation was established on September 19, 1889, and incorporated according to the laws of the State of New Jersey. The congregation worshiped at the Odd Fellow's Hall until the spring of 1890, when an opportunity was offered to buy this church building, the old First Baptist Church of Hoboken. This church building was purchased on April 29, 1890.

This historic church was designed by architect Thomas S. Field and was built by Issac Linkey and members of the First Baptist congregation.


May 25 2011

St. John's Roman Catholic Church, The Bronx

St. John's Roman Catholic Church, The Bronx. Image 1

The Church of St. John is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 3021 Kingsbridge Avenue, Bronx, New York City. The parish was established in 1877 and has had long ties with the Religious of Jesus and Mary as their main base in New York.

Founded in the 1860s as a mission attended by a Yonkers parish, and later by the Jesuits of Fordham University (founded as St. John’s College), mass was originally celebrated in an old schoolhouse on Spuyten Duyvil Hill.


Apr 29 2013

St. Joseph Catholic Church in Hoboken, NJ

Contact info:
61 Monroe St.,
Hoboken, NJ 07030

May 08 2012

St. Joseph Church in Greenwich Village, Manhattan

St. Joseph Church in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. Photo 1

The Church of St. Joseph in Greenwich Village is a Roman Catholic parish church located at 365 Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) at the corner of Washington Place in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Built in 1833-34, it is the oldest purpose-built Roman Catholic church building in New York City.
St. Joseph's Parish was founded by Bishop John Dubois in 1829. The cornerstone of the Church was laid on June 10, 1833. The church was designed by John Doran in the Greek Revival style.

Jun 12 2011

St. Joseph's Church in Rosebank, Staten Island

St. Joseph's Church in Rosebank, Staten Island. Image 1

In 1901, Father Paolo lacomino was sent by the Archdiocese to lay the groundwork for a new parish in the community of Rosebank. The area was predominantly European and was called Rosebank due to the exceptional amount of rose bushes cultivated in the community.


Jul 12 2011

St. Jude's Church, Manhattan

The Church of St. Jude is a Catholic parish church in the Archdiocese of New York, located at 481 West 204th Street and Tenth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City. It was established in 1949. The church was built 1951 to designs by the architectural firm of Voorhees, Walker, Foley & Smith of 101 Park Avenue for $600,000.


Aug 20 2011

St. Lawrence Church in Hoboken, NJ

Contact info:
22 Hackensack Ave Weehawken,
NJ 07086‎

Jul 03 2011

St. Lucy's Church, Manhattan

St. Lucy's Church, Manhattan. Image 1

St. Lucy’s Church is a Roman Catholic parish located in Manhattan, New York City under the authority of the Archdiocese of New York. The church and school address is 338-342 East 104th Street, New York, New York 10029; the school occupied 336 East 104th Street.

The parish was established in 1899 by the Rev. Edmund W. Cronin for Italian and English-speaking Catholics