christianity


Jul 29 2011

Sacred Heart Church in West New Brighton, Staten Island

Contact address

981 Castleton Avenue,
Staten Island, NY 10310-1881


Nov 03 2014

Saint Luke's Episcopal Church, Queens

Contact info:
85 Greenway South
Forest Hills, Queens, NY 11375

Apr 17 2011

Saint Patrick's Cathedral

The Cathedral of St. Patrick (commonly called St. Patrick's Cathedral) is a decorated Neo-Gothic-style Roman Catholic cathedral church in the United States. It is the seat of the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, and a parish church, located on the east side of Fifth Avenue between 50th and 51st Streets in midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York, directly across the street from Rockefeller Center.


Sep 03 2011

Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Jersey City, NJ

Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Church in Jersey City, NJ. Image 1

The Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Parish, Jersey City, New Jersey, was founded on March 25, 1907, by the immigrants from the Austro-Hungarian and Russian Empires, as a community of the North American Ecclesiastical Mission. The church building was built in 1860 as a Dutch Reform Church and acquired by the Orthodox Church in 1907. The Church is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places and is located in the Paulus Hook Historic District of Jersey City.


Jun 20 2011

Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, Manhattan

Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava, Manhattan. Image 1

Gracing Manhattan's historic Chelsea District, the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava is a splendid example of Gothic Revival architecture. The former Trinity Chapel and the then uptown branch of Trinity Church on Wall Street was designed in 1851 by the celebrated architect Richard M. Upjohn.


Feb 18 2012

South Bushwick Reformed Protestant Dutch Church, Brooklyn

South Bushwick Reformed Protestant Dutch Church, Brooklyn. Photo 1

South Bushwick Reformed Protestant Dutch Church Complex, also known as the "White Church", is a historic Dutch Reformed church in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York, New York. The complex consists of the church and attached Sunday School building. The church was organized in 1851 by members of the Bushwick Reformed Church that dates back to 1654. Himrod St. was named after South Bushwick's first pastor. The church is a two story frame, clapboard sided building finished in 1853. Its design combines Greek Revival and Gibbsian classical styles.

Aug 20 2011

Spanish Seventh Day Adventist Chirch in Hoboken, NJ

Contact info:
901 Bloomfield St.,
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Mar 18 2012

St. Andrew the Apostle Church, Brooklyn

St. Andrew the Apostle Church is a christian Roman Catholic church in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The Parish was formed in 1971 from Our Lady of Angels Parish. For the first 10 years daily services were held at two Victorian houses at the corner of Ridge Boulevard and Senator Street, weekend Masses were held at Salem Lutheran Church on 67th Street between Fourth and Fifth Avenues. In 1981 the corner house was rebuilt into a permanent church building.

May 31 2011

St. Andrew's Church in Richmondtown, Staten Island

St. Andrew's Church in Richmondtown, Staten Island. Image 1

The Church of St. Andrew is an historic Episcopal church in Richmondtown, located at Arthur Kill and Old Mill Roads in Staten Island, New York. The congregation was founded in 1708. The first church was built in c.1712 or 1713 but was heavily damaged by 1867 and 1872. The church was rebuilt about 1872 in a Gothic style of fieldstone with stop-ended chamfered red brick trim. The attached Burgh Hall was erected in 1924 in a matching style.


Jun 01 2011

St. Ann's Church in Hoboken, NJ

St. Ann's Church in Hoboken, NJ. Image 1

The religious and cultural life of Hoboken has run broad and full from the beginning. As the population grew and persons of varied nationalities came to reside in the area, so also grew the necessity of providing facilities to care for the spiritual needs of the people. Thus, the Most Reverend John J. O’Conner, Bishop of Newark, canonically erected our own beautiful Parish of Saint Ann, Hoboken, New Jersey, in May 1900, to administer to the spiritual needs of the growing Italian-speaking populace.