christianity


Jan 19 2014

Plymouth Church, Brooklyn

Plymouth Church, Brooklyn. Photo 1

Plymouth Church is an historic church located at 57 Orange Street between Henry and Hicks Streets in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. The church building was built in 1849–50 and was designed by Joseph C. Wells. The barn-like church building with its pews arranged in an arc before the pulpit became a standard design and layout for other evangelical Protestant churches throughout the United States. The Classic revival parish house and arcade which adjoin the building were built in 1913-14, and were designed by Woodruff Leeming.

May 25 2011

Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana Church, Manhattan

Contact info:
96 Wadsworth Avenue,
New York, NY 10033-7044

Jun 04 2011

Queen of All Saints Church, Brooklyn

Queen of All Saints Church, Brooklyn. Image 1

The Church of the Queen of All Saints, also known as the Church of Our Lady of All Saints is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, located at Lafayette and Vanderbilt Avenues, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, in the neighborhood of Fort Greene.


May 28 2011

Reformed Church in Port Richmond, Staten Island

Reformed Church in Port Richmond, Staten Island. Image 1

Reformed Church on Staten Island is a historic Dutch Reformed church and cemetery at 54 Port Richmond Avenue in Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York. It was built in 1844 in the Greek Revival style. It is a brick building set on a fieldstone foundation. The front facade features a portico with twin sets of flanking brick pilasters and a central pair of fluted Doric order columns.


May 26 2011

Riverdale Presbyterian Church Complex, The Bronx

Riverdale Presbyterian Church Complex, The Bronx. Image 1

Riverdale Presbyterian Church Complex, also known as Duff House & Duff Cottage (Gardener's Cottage), is a historic Presbyterian church at 4761-4765 Henry Hudson Parkway in The Bronx, New York, New York. It was designed in 1863 by noted architect James Renwick, Jr. (1818-1895). It is a fieldstone building in the Late Gothic Revival style. It was substantially enlarged in 1936. The complex also includes the Duff House, also designed by Renwick, and a Stick Style cottage built in 1875 known as Duff Cottage. The church established the Edgehill Church at Spuyten Duyvil in 1869.


Aug 08 2011

Riverside Church, Manhattan

Riverside Church, Manhattan. Image 1

The Riverside Church in the City of New York is an interdenominational (American Baptist and United Church of Christ) church in New York City, famous for its elaborate Neo-Gothic architecture—which includes the world's largest tuned carillon bell. It is located in Morningside Heights between Riverside Drive and Claremont Avenue and between 120th Street and 122nd Street.


Aug 20 2011

Rose of Sharon Holy Church in Hoboken, NJ

Contact info:
418 Monroe St.,
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Apr 21 2011

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration of Our Lord, Brooklyn

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration, Brooklyn. Image 1

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration of Our Lord is a historic Russian Orthodox cathedral at 228 N. 12th Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, New York. It was built between 1916 and 1921 to the designs by Louis Allmendiger. The plan is based on a Greek cross and is designed in the Russian version of the Byzantine style.


Jul 03 2011

Russian Orthodox Church of Three Saints in Garfield, NJ

Russian Orthodox Church of Three Saints in Garfield, NJ. Image 1

The church was founded in 1898 by Russian immigrants, mostly from the region of the Carpathian Mountains in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire. The cornerstone of the Three Saints Church was laid on July 3, 1901. The original Three Saints Church edifice was a wooden building adorned with traditional mural icons and a bell imported from Russia.


May 02 2011

Russian Orthodox Novo-Diveevo Convent in Nanuet, Clarkstown, NY

Russian Orthodox Novo-Diveevo Convent in Nanuet, Clarkstown, NY. Image 1

Stavropegial Convent of the Dormition; "Novo-Diveevo" is located approximately 24 miles north of New York City. The founder of the convent was Archbishop Andrei of Rockland, then Protopresbyter Adrian Rimarenko (starets Nektarii of Optina died under his epitrachelion). In 1949, with the arrival in America of a multitude of refugees, ROCOR’s First Hierarch Metropolitan Anastasy entrusted Fr. Adrian to build a spiritual center. A former Roman Catholic monastery was purchased and a Russian convent was founded.