bronx


May 25 2011

Bright Temple AME Church, The Bronx

Contact info:
812 Faile Street,
Bronx, New York 10474

May 26 2011

Christ Church, The Bronx

Christ Church, The Bronx. Image 1

The Christ Church Complex (Christ Church, Riverdale) is a historic Episcopal parish church and related structures at 5030 Riverdale Avenue in the Riverdale area of The Bronx in New York City. The church was founded in 1866 and its building, made from brick and local stone with a simple pierced-wall belfry; the church building was built 1866 to designs by architect Richard M. Upjohn. It was built in 1866 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.


May 25 2011

Church of the Sacred Heart, The Bronx

Church of the Sacred Heart, The Bronx. Image 1

The Church of the Sacred Heart is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 1253 Shakespeare Avenue (West 168 Street), Bronx, New York City 10452. The church building was designed by architect Elliott Lynch, who designed several other Catholic churches and parish schools. The church is connected with a school of the same name.


Oct 20 2013

Corpus Christi Monastery, The Bronx


Corpus Christi Monastery, Hunts Point

Corpus Christi Monastery is the oldest Dominican monastery in the United States, currently located in the Bronx at Lafayette Avenue. This is a 115-year old branch of the first monastery of nuns founded by St. Dominic de Guzman in Prouilhe, France, in 1206. The original monastery was founded by Mother Mary of Jesus (Julia Crooks of New York City) in Newark, NJ, in 1880. Nine years later, she and five other Sisters came to the Bronx, at the invitation of Archbishop Michael Augustine Corrigan.

Apr 27 2011

Edgehill Church at Spuyten Duyvil, The Bronx

Edgehill Church at Spuyten Duyvil, The Bronx. Image 1

Edgehill Church at Spuyten Duyvil is a United Church of Christ parish church in The Bronx, New York. Its congregation was originally founded in 1869 as the mission chapel affiliated with the Riverdale Presbyterian Church, serving the workers at the nearby Johnson Iron Foundry. The church was designed by architect Francis Kimball and was built from 1888–1889.


May 14 2011

Episcopal Church of the Mediator, The Bronx

Episcopal Church of the Mediator, The Bronx. Image 1

On August 15, 1855, a Protestant Episcopal society was organized in King's Bridge, and the name adopted was "The Church of the Mediator, Yonkers." In 1857, the society erected its first church, a frame structure costing five thousand dollars, on land presented by James R. Whiting, and a rectory was built soon afterward on adjoining land. Bishop Horatio Potter consecrated the church on November 6, 1864.


May 28 2011

Grace Episcopal Church, City Island, The Bronx

Grace Episcopal Church, City Island, The Bronx. Image 1

Grace Episcopal Church has served its nautical community since 1849. Through the dedication of the Rev. C.W. Bolton and his sister Adele Bolton, son and daughter of the Rev. Robert Bolton (builder and Rector of Christ Church in Pelham), our church was conceived and became a reality, bringing the Christian doctrine to (as described by the Rev. C.W. Bolton) a community of "800 souls almost entirely neglected and destitute of the means of grace." Luckily, through grace, our Island home has come far, and our small church has gathered a rich history in those years.


May 28 2011

Holy Cross Church, The Bronx

Holy Cross Church, The Bronx. Image 1

The Church of Holy Cross is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 600 Soundview Avenue, Bronx, New York City. The church is located on the east side of Soundview Avenue at the intersection is Taylor Avenue. The church was designed by Brother Cajetan Baumann, O.F.M. The design is a typical "high-concept" Modernist concrete and stained-glass shell,


May 14 2011

Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, The Bronx

Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, The Bronx. Image 1

Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 150th Street at Melrose Avenue, Bronx, New York City, in the Melrose neighborhood of the South Bronx. The parish was established in 1853. It is staffed by the Redemptorist Fathers. The church boasts the highest spire in the Bronx.


Dec 23 2012

Kingsbridge Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Bronx

Contact info:
3128 Bailey Ave.
Bronx, NY 10463