Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church in New Rochelle, NY



Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church

Trinity-St. Paul's Episcopal Church in New Rochelle in Westchester County, New York is located at the northwest corner of Huguenot Street and Division Street. This church represents the body of the majority group of New Rochelle's founding Huguenot French Calvinistic congregation that conformed to the liturgy of the established Church of England in June 1709. King George III gave Trinity its first charter in 1762. After the American Revolutionary War, Trinity became a parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church of America.
The present building is the third church erected by the conformist congregation. It is the immediate successor of a wooden church building erected in 1823 - 1824. It stands on land that was conveyed to the church wardens by Aman Guion in 1743. The cornerstone was laid on August 13, 1862, the church was opened for worship September 13, 1863, and the tower completed November 30, 1864. The church was designed by Richard Upjohn, known for his gothic revival architecture.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
311 Huguenot Street,
New Rochelle, NY 10801