St. Saviour's Catholic Church, Brooklyn



St. Saviour's; Brooklyn NY

St. Saviour's Church is a Roman Catholic chriatian church located at the corner of 8th avenue and 6th street in Park Clope, Brooklyn. This corner lot was purchased on November 9th, 1905 by father James J. Flood, who had been selected to form a new parish on the Hill section of the Slope. The new parish was to be erected from portions taken from the parishes of Holy Name, St. Thomas Aquinas, and St. Francis Xavier. A month later, the house at 611 Eighth Avenue was purchased for $9,000 as a part of a future permanent rectory. The first mass in the new parish was offered at the temporary chapel on December 31st, 1905. The corner stone was laid on February 1st, 1906. The design for a beautiful Romanesque structure was submitted by the architectural firm of Lynch and Orchard of New York.
Contact info:
611 Eighth Avenue,
Brooklyn, NY 11215