St. Jude's Church, Manhattan

The Church of St. Jude is a Catholic parish church in the Archdiocese of New York, located at 481 West 204th Street and Tenth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City. It was established in 1949. The church was built 1951 to designs by the architectural firm of Voorhees, Walker, Foley & Smith of 101 Park Avenue for $600,000. A three-storey convent at 411 West 204th Street was built 1954 to designs by the same firm for $200,000. A two-storey rectory at 411-445 West 204th Street was built 1957 to designs by architect P. Goodman of 1860 Broadway for $200,000. The church paid for a new church at 3815-3829 Tenth Avenue was built in 1975 to designs by the architectural firm of Clark & Warren of Boice Road, Hyde Park-on-Hudson, New York for $500,000.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License

based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
431 West 204th Street,
New York, NY 10034-3707
See also: