St. Dominic's Church, The Bronx



St. Dominic's Church, The Bronx. Photo 1

The Church of St. Dominic is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 1739 Unionport Road, Van Nest, Bronx, New York City. The parish was established in 1927. The Romanesque Revival was built 1925 to the designs of Bronx-native architect Anthony J. DePace of the firm DePace & Juster. In May of 2011, two of the three bells were removed in order to service the wooden supports which were waterlogged and had seepage problems. The goal is to replace the wooden supports and return the bells to their original location. The expected restoration cost of the bells is estimated at $30,000.


This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License

based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
1739 Unionport Road,
New York, NY 10462