St. Augustine's Church, Manhattan

St. Augustine's Church, Manhattan. Photo 1
St. Augustine's Church at 290 Henry Street between Montgomery and Jackson Streets in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1827-29 as the All Saints' Free Church, and was constructed out of Manhattan schist. The design – a Georgian structure with Gothic windows – is credited to John Heath, and includes a double pediment and a projecting tower. The church was enlarged in 1848 with the addition of a sanctuary and a chancel.
In 1949, the congregation merged with St. Augustine's Chapel of Trinity Church, then located at 107 East Houston Street, and the new combined congregation used the building on Henry Street. The parish became independent of Trinity in 1976.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
290 Henry Street,
New York, NY 10002
See also: