St. Ann's Episcopal Church, The Bronx



St. Anne's Episcopal Church

St. Ann's Church is a historic Episcopal church in the South Bronx, New York City. It was built in 1840 and donated by Gouverneur Morris Jr. (1813-1888) as a family memorial. It is a fieldstone building in the Gothic Revival style with a vernacular Greek Revival style tower. The complex includes the stone parish house added in 1916, late-19th century Sunday School and gymnasium building, and a graveyard that includes the Morris family crypt. Among those whose remains are in the graveyard or crypt are Gouverneur Morris (1752–1816), Lewis Morris (1671–1746), and Lewis Morris (1726–1798).
The complex was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It was designated a New York City landmark in 1967.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
295 St. Ann's Avenue,
Bronx, NY 10458