St. Andrew's Church in Richmondtown, Staten Island


St. Andrew's Church in Richmondtown, Staten Island. Image 1

The Church of St. Andrew is an historic Episcopal church in Richmondtown, located at Arthur Kill and Old Mill Roads in Staten Island, New York. The congregation was founded in 1708. The first church was built in c.1712 or 1713 but was heavily damaged by 1867 and 1872. The church was rebuilt about 1872 in a Gothic style of fieldstone with stop-ended chamfered red brick trim. The attached Burgh Hall was erected in 1924 in a matching style. The churchyard contains the graves of several prominent Staten Island families, including a number of Woods, and a prominent mausoleum to the Johnston Family.

Contact info:
40 Old Mill Road,
Staten Island, NY 10306-1122