Plymouth Church, Brooklyn



Plymouth Church, Brooklyn. Photo 1

Plymouth Church is an historic church located at 57 Orange Street between Henry and Hicks Streets in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. The church building was built in 1849–50 and was designed by Joseph C. Wells. The barn-like church building with its pews arranged in an arc before the pulpit became a standard design and layout for other evangelical Protestant churches throughout the United States. The Classic revival parish house and arcade which adjoin the building were built in 1913-14, and were designed by Woodruff Leeming.
The congregation was founded in 1847 by 21 transplanted New Englanders, the church was the third Congregationalist church to be organized in Brooklyn. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1961.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
75 Hicks St Brooklyn,
NY 11201