Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection, Manhattan

Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection

The Cathedral of the Holy Virgin Protection and Chapel of St Innocent of Irkutsk, East Village, Manhattan, New York, is one of the main places of Orthodox worship in New York City. The parish originated in 1870 as the Russo-Greek Chapel of Holy Trinity to serve the needs of the Russian and Greek Embassies. In 1895 it was re-organized as the Church of St Nicholas. New church building was built in 1904. The present building is a former Olivet Memorial church, it was purchased in 1940's. The building was constructed in 1867 and designed by renowned architect Josiah Cady.
based on Church website
Contact info:
59 East Second Street,
New York, NY 10003