Meseritz Sinagogue, Manhattan



Meseritz Sinagogue, Manhattan. Photo 1

Meseritz Shul, AKA Edath Lei'Isroel Ansche Meseritz, is a 1910 Orthodox synagogue on New York city's Lower East Side. It was built by a congregation established in 1888 consisting of immigrants from Międzyrzec Podlaski (Mesritch, Poland). The synagogue is located at 415 East 6th Street. Pesach Ackerman has served as Rabbi since 1969. The synagogue is unusual in being a very small, urban congregation on a narrow lot that has an extremely beautiful neo-classical facade, and is the last operating "tenement synagogue" in New York City's East Village.

This text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
based on Wikipedia page
Contact info:
415 East 6th Street,
New York, NY 10009‎
See also: