Church of the Holy Innocents, Brooklyn
The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Innocents was founded in 1909 to serve the Flatbush area of Brooklyn. A first church building was erected on East 17th Street at Beverly Road, and the site would eventually include a rectory and school.
In 1922, plans were approved for the construction of a much larger church and rectory to be located on the same site. The 1,100-seat church was designed in the Late Gothic Revival style by Helme & Corbett, who were also the architects of St. Gregory's Church in Brooklyn. The massive square tower contains a set of 16 tubular tower chimes that were installed in 1923 and built by the J.C. Deagan Co. of Chicago. Holy Innocents Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.
279 East 17th Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11226-5294