Aug 21 2011

St. Henry's Church in Bayonne, NJ

St. Henry's Church in Bayonne, NJ. Image 1

St. Henry's Church is a Roman Catholic church on Avenue C between 28th.and 29th. Street in Bayonne, New Jersey. The parish was founded in 1889 by 50 German immigrant families from Bavaria and was named after Emperor Henry II of the Holy Roman Empire. It is one of the first Catholic parishes in Bayonne and is part of the Archdiocese of Newark. The first church building, a wooden structure, was built in 1890 on the northeast corner of Avenue D (now Broadway) and 26th Street.


Aug 20 2011

Church of Our Lady of Grace in Hoboken, NJ

Church of Our Lady of Grace in Hoboken, NJ. Image 1

The Church of Our Lady of Grace is a Roman Catholic church built in 1876 in Hoboken, New Jersey. It is a Gothic style church designed by Francis G. Himpler and William J. Whyte. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.


Aug 13 2011

Our Lady of the Holy Rosary's Church, Manhattan

Our Lady of the Holy Rosary's Church, Manhattan. Image 1

The Church of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 7 State Street, between Pearl St. and Water Streets, Financial District, Manhattan, New York City, New York. The parish is home to the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.


Aug 13 2011

University Heights Presbyterian Church, The Bronx

University Heights Presbyterian Church, The Bronx. Image 1

University Heights Presbyterian Church on the Hill of Hall of Fame Terrace has a long and colorful history. On Nov. 26, 1893 Rev. W.L. Waite, Prof. J.J. Stevenson and Dr. Joseph S. Taylor followed the call of Counselor Henry M. MacCracken which was a Clerky man and Educator for a meeting in his house, to discuss the religious needs of the locality.


Aug 13 2011

St. Raymond Church, The Bronx

St. Raymond Church, The Bronx. Image 1

St. Raymond's Church is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at Castle Hill Avenue at Tremont Avenue, The Bronx, New York City. The parish was established in 1842. It is dedicated in honor of Saint Raymond of Penyafort, a 12th century Catalan-Spanish saint.


Aug 13 2011

Holy Cross Monastery in East Setauket, NY

Holy Cross Monastery in East Setauket, NY. Image 1

Holy Cross is an Eastern Orthodox (ROCOR) monastery, located on 140 Main Street in East Setauket, New York, consists of monastery church, residence, hall-and-bookstore, candlehut and lawn. Services are in English, with a smattering of Greek, Church-Slavonic, Romanian, Georgian, Arabic and Spanish.


Aug 08 2011

Holy Cross Monastery in West Park, NY

Holy Cross Monastery in West Park, NY. Image 1

Holy Cross Monastery is located on US 9W in West Park, New York, USA. It is the mother house of the Order of the Holy Cross, an Anglican religious order inspired by the Benedictine tradition.

The building, designed in a combination of Mission/Spanish Revival and Tudorbethan styles by architects Ralph Adams Cram and Henry Vaughan


Aug 08 2011

Riverside Church, Manhattan

Riverside Church, Manhattan. Image 1

The Riverside Church in the City of New York is an interdenominational (American Baptist and United Church of Christ) church in New York City, famous for its elaborate Neo-Gothic architecture—which includes the world's largest tuned carillon bell. It is located in Morningside Heights between Riverside Drive and Claremont Avenue and between 120th Street and 122nd Street.


Jul 19 2011

The Reformed Church of Newtown, Queens

The Reformed Church of Newtown, Queens. Image 1

The Reformed Church of Newtown was founded in 1731 by Dutch-speaking farmers and tradesmen. New York had originally been "New Amsterdam," a Dutch Colony, and although the early members of Newtown were from a variety of ethnic backgrounds, they held their services in the Dutch language still common in the community then called "Newtown."


Jul 19 2011

Elmhurst Baptist Church, Queens

Elmhurst Baptist Church, Queens. Image 1

The Elmhurst Baptist Church was organized September 19, 1900, at the home of Mr. & Mrs. Avard L. Dunlop, 39 Vietor Place. Reverand Charles J. Keevel, Pastor of the Woodside Baptist Church, assumed leadership of the group, and was the preacher at this time. The first preaching service took place on Sunday afternoon, October 7, 1900 in a small room in the Cord Meyer Block, on Broadway.